SEG is seeking a Radar System Analysis Engineer to be part of a team providing support for U.S. Surface Navy (e.g. Aegis Baseline) programs and Missile Defense Agency (MDA) Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) projects
- Characterize sensor performance against threat ballistic and cruise missiles through modeling, simulation and analysis using digital simulations.
- Develop, integrate and use analytical models and tools to test new threat data and software products, assess system capability, and drive system requirements and design.
- Define technical approach and plan studies based on understanding of engineering community and appreciation of customer need. Define study measures of performance and effectiveness, design experiments, and demonstrate analytical skills. Conduct individual analyses, and contribute to team technical studies.
- Communicate with external customer and internal technical staff, via correspondence and briefings.
- Support technical leadership for internal project and contribute in external customer forums.
- Author technical details of statements of work
- A majority of the work is based out of our Columbia, MD office. Travel is occasionally required to participate in technical forums and reviews.
- Local travel anticipated at 10 percent and occasional overnight trips at 5 percent time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US DoD SECRET clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree: Systems Engineering, Electrical, Physics, Applied Math or related technical degree.
- 0-5+ years work experience
- Systems engineering experience
- Experience with sensors, seekers, or remote sensing in RF and IR bands.
- Strong analytical skills
- Programming and scripting experience in a Linux environment
- Communication, documentation and briefing via Microsoft office products (Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel, Word)
- Active US DoD SECRET or TOP SECRET Security Clearance
- Masters or PhD degree preferred with relevant research project experience
- MATLAB for the visual display of quantitative information, and prototyping M&S codes
- Python for modeling and simulation development, data analysis, etc.
- Facility working with C++ API and creating test drivers
- Self-starter – Demonstrate independent ownership of tasking. Position affords opportunity to define path and lead tasks based on technical understanding of engineering community and appreciation of customer needs
- Modeling and analysis experience and capability in one or more of the following areas:
- RF Sensors / EO-IR Imaging / Remote Sensing Systems – Signal Processing, Detection and Track Filtering
- Multi-Sensor Data Fusion, Target Classification and Discrimination (Machine Learning / AI applications)
- Missile Systems (Aerodynamic, Ballistic, Space)
- Defense Weapon System Performance (e.g. Navy Surface systems, Ballistic Missile Defense systems)
- Ground Test and Field Test Events (missile flight and sensor track pre-event prediction and post-mission assessment)
- Familiarity with version-control (Git), issue tracking (JIRA), collaboration software (Confluence), and cross-language software integration tools (SWIG).
- Familiarity with high-performance computing environments
Systems Group Overview
- Candidate will be part of a team responsible for weapon system simulation and performance analysis. The team develops and integrates individual system models for analysis (threats, weapons, sensors) to include multiple interacting systems. This team contributes to defining, leading and performing analyses for requirements feasibility, sensitivity studies for threat variability and fidelity, asset planning and what-if scenarios, flight-test mission (requirements, planning, and analysis) support and certification efforts.
- The group provides independent verification and validation support for internal system-level products. This offers opportunities to work with SEG sensors, vehicles, phenomenology products and engineers integrated within our simulation software development environment to view the battle environment scenes through the eyes of combat systems.
- The group includes subject matter experts and technical leads providing direct technical support to various defense programs as a contributing member of broad cross-functional and technical subject-specific integrated product teams.
- We bring threat and weapons knowledge together to support concept definition, threat driver assessments, system requirements, design reviews, test planning, and defining road maps for future development
Systems Engineering Group, Inc. (SEG) is a highly regarded and leading provider of missile systems engineering and analysis. Principal customers include the U.S. Navy, Missile Defense Agency, AEGIS Ballistic Missile Defense Program, and Program Executive Offices for Integrated Warfare Systems and Ships. SEG is headquartered in Columbia, MD and is convenient to routes 32, 29, and 95. SEG is a wholly owned subsidiary of Telephonics Corporation. SEG provides excellent benefits, work environment and outstanding growth opportunities.
We are an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected characteristic. Reasonable accommodations may include but are not limited to that which may enable individuals with disabilities and special disabled veterans to perform the essential functions of this position.