Systems Engineering Group, Inc. (SEG) has a job opening for a full-time Information Technology Technician to provide internal IT support for our expanding user base at our Columbia MD location. The position is to provide direct support to our internal SEG team. The Information Specialist Technician will primarily be working with Windows based computers, with the ability to move into other areas of interest. SEG is seeking enthusiastic candidates wanting a challenging career with good growth opportunities. Responsibilities will include:
- Troubleshooting and solving computer related issues in person and with remote support tools for employees working offsite.
- Configure, install, and support desktop computers, laptop computers, handheld devices, printers, monitors, portable data storage devices, and other general peripherals.
- Relocate IT equipment including desktop computers, printers, monitors, portable data storage devices, and other general peripherals.
- Configure IT devices for secure operation, including installation of security software, software updates, and other configurations as required.
- Connect and configure IT devices to use computer networks.
- Diagnose hardware and software failures, communicate the remediation plans to users, and provide status updates.
- Configuration management/tracking for assets and software licenses
- Backup system use and maintenance including restoring files for users
- Networking layers 1 and 2 including switch port security settings
- Email encryption setup and troubleshooting
A Bachelor’s Degree in an IT related field preferred. Additional years of experience taken into consideration, in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree.
5-7+ years’ experience in an IT support role matching most of the responsibilities listed above.
- ACTIVE DoD Secret Clearance
- Ability to work well with a team
- Experience with Windows 7, Windows 10, Office products, computer hardware, and basic networking skills
- Backup / Recovery experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Maintaining a secure computer environment
- Familiarity with engineering and CAD software administration/licensing
- A+, Network +, Security +, or other equivalent certification
Systems Engineering Group, Inc. (SEG) is a highly regarded and leading provider of missile systems engineering and analysis. SEG has a small company atmosphere with approximately 120 staff at the Columbia location. Principal customers include the U.S. Navy, Missile Defense Agency, AEGIS Ballistic Missile Defense Program, and Program Executive Offices for Integrated Warfare Systems and Ships. SEG is headquartered in Columbia, MD and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Telephonics Corporation. SEG provides excellent benefits and outstanding growth opportunities.
We are an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or any other protected characteristic. Reasonable accommodations may include but are not limited to, that which may enable individuals with disabilities and special disabled veterans to perform the essential functions of this position.
SEG’s benefit package include Major Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance. SEG has a generous 401k with company match. In additional to a generous vacation leave and sick leave SEG offers a flexible work schedule.