SEG is seeking a mid-level, Full-Stack Web Developer, with a proven track record of delivering high-quality solutions, to fill a vacancy in the Modeling and Simulation Development Branch working on web-application solutions and a variety of other exciting projects.
- Selected candidate will be tasked with the design, development, implementation, testing and verification of projects related to SEG’s missile trajectory and RF signature prediction simulations, as well as other initiatives.
- The position follows and adheres to the Agile SCRUM software development methodologies and spans the entire SDLC process from concept to NPI (New Product Introduction).
- SEG’s highly dynamic and fast paced environment encourages speed and efficiency while maintaining product quality, consistency, functionality and traceability.
- Selected candidate for this position should be a self-starter and use past experience to quickly learn new technologies and make the right decisions to aptly and appropriately use technology and tools to hit the ground running and own the entire implementation process from Back-end to Front-end, employing industry standards and best practices for developing secure, web solutions for the space in which SEG operates.
Must Have Skills (Medium to High-Level of Proficiency)
- XML, JSON, YAML
- CSS, HTML
- Reactjs AND/OR Vue, Angular
- SPA (single-page web application) or MPA (multi-page apps)
- Experience with webapp templating engines
- Python 2.7+
- Python web API’s/servers (Flask, Django, etc.)
- SQL, MySQL, noSQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of Stored Procedures, Views, Triggers, Indexing strategies, etc.
- Knowledge and experience in generating eye-catching reports both on-screen and export
- Deep understanding of Relational, Non-Relational/Hierarchical, document-based databases
- Data replication and “sharding” across clusters of nodes using a database or third party technology
- API development (classic and REST), as well as documentation
- Multi-threaded and Multi-processed applications
- TLS 1.1+, encryption, hashing, salting
- User session management, Secure session persistence
- PEN-testing experience
- Windows, Linux, JIRA, Confluence
Other Skills Recommended
- C++ (desired not required, proficiency not as important, ability to read and generally understand mainly important)
- .net, C#, ASPX web development experience
- Enterprise-level web development
- Exposure and experience with at least one testing framework and reasonable ability to apply that or other directly relevant experience to testing web applications.
- Mobile app development experience
Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Aerospace Engineering or related field with a solid foundation in Mathematics and/or coding. Qualified candidates will be detail oriented, highly motivated and comfortable with working independently and in a development team. Applicants must possess U.S. citizenship and a background that would permit the U.S. Department of Defense to issue a security clearance.
Candidate with these desired skills or experience will be given preferential consideration:
- Demonstrated ability to assume leadership roles on project tasks
- Experience with all phases of software QA including unit, acceptance, regression and cross-platform testing
- Development experience with IDEs (VisualStudio, NetBeans, Eclipse), debuggers and performance tools
- Experience with version-control software (CVS, Subversion, Git) and configuration management tools (Jira, Bugzilla)
- Experience with scripting languages (Perl, Python, BASH)
- Basic systems administration
- Experience working within an Agile development team
Systems Engineering Group, Inc. (SEG) is a highly regarded provider of air and missile defense threat engineering and combat, radar, and missile systems engineering and analysis. Principal customers include the U.S. Navy, Missile Defense Agency, and Industry. SEG is headquartered in Columbia, MD and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Telephonics Corporation. SEG provides excellent benefits and outstanding training to grow the capacity of staff in relevant areas.
SEG’s benefit package include Major Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance. SEG has a generous 401k with company match. In additional to generous vacation leave and sick leave, SEG offers a flexible work schedule.
We are an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected characteristic. Reasonable accommodations may include but are not limited to that which may enable individuals with disabilities and special disabled veterans to perform the essential functions of this position.