Systems Engineering Group, Inc. (SEG) is a highly regarded provider of air and missile defense threat engineering products as well as combat / sensor / missile systems engineering and analysis. Principal customers include the U.S. Navy, Missile Defense Agency, and Industry. SEG headquarters are in Columbia, MD and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Telephonics Corporation.
SEG is seeking an experienced Combat Systems Integration Engineer to be part of their dynamic team. This position will be located in Port Hueneme, CA supporting planning and integration of AEGIS and SSDS combat systems with current and future weapons systems. The candidate will be involved in all levels of planning, design, integration, and test execution in support of Port Hueneme’s In Service Engineering Agent (ISEA) and Test and Evaluation (T&E) roles.
The selected candidate will:
- Translate customer and design requirements into software or hardware solutions
- Perform technical planning, system integration, system verification, and validation
- Plan and design the physical installation requirements (e.g., provides power, cooling, space, weight, allocations for hardware installations)
- Work with combat system design agents in the activation of current and future baselines
- Design interfaces for new equipment to existing systems or for reconfiguring systems to provide greater flexibility and capacity
- Participate in overall design and structure of the site’s combat system interfaces and network switching to include internal and external interfaces
- Support validation of system design through the site installation, integration and certification testing process.
- Participate in design reviews
- Provide system Life Cycle support installing equipment upgrades and removing obsolete components to ensure the site’s combat system configurations are current and support site test requirements
- Plan and participate in test execution and personnel training
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Minimum education and years of related work experience required:
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Technical or Scientific discipline and at least 5 years of demonstrated knowledge relevant to AEGIS, AEGIS BMD, SSDS, or DDG 1000 Weapons and Combat Systems.
- Strong coordination, organization, teaming and communication abilities. Ability to develop solutions to a wide range of complex system-of-systems technical problems that require ingenuity, innovation and collaboration with multiple stakeholders. Ability to perform and understand multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Security clearance requirement: Must be eligible to obtain and then maintain a DoD Secret security clearance (U.S. Citizenship required). Selected candidate will receive a contingent offer and a delayed start date until an interim clearance is granted.
Preferred Skills and Education
Highly desired, but not required:
- Active DoD Secret security clearance
- Must have strong analytical, problem solving, leadership skills and demonstrated ability to comprehend and work successfully with complex computer programs.
- Prior experience with Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radars
- Knowledge of Military modeling and simulation training systems to include JSAF/JBUS, NGTS, BFTT, MTWS, ITESS, JDS, HLA and ICADS.
- Familiarity with Navy C4I such as Link16, JTIDS, etc
- Able to develop, execute, and track detailed program plans
- Prior experience with software virtualization
- Prior shipboard operational experience with AEGIS or SSDS combat systems
- Ability to read and comprehend technical drawings
- Ability to read and comprehend military specifications for electrical and optical cable, connectors and backshells, and system design, integration and integrity testing
- Knowledge of Navy and/or Missile Defense development and operational test processes
- Prior experience integrating and fielding combat systems, sensors, and/or weapon systems
- Prior experience as an installation engineer in ship repair facilities or equivalent industrial environments
- Prior experience with flight tests or CSSQTs
- Prior experience with complex computer networks and network management